Monday, 11 July 2016
National Youth Council of Malawi
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and motivated candidates to fill the vacant position of Finance and Administration Officer tenable at the National Youth Council of Malawi Secretariat, Lilongwe.
National Youth Council of Malawi (NYCOM) is a statutory corporation established through an Act of Parliament (National Youth Council of Malawi Act No.22 of 1996). National Youth Council of Malawi is mandated to register youth organisation, coordinate and regulate youth work in Malawi as well as to facilitate and implement development activities that promote health and development of young people. The vision of National Council is a Malawi where young people are able to develop their full potential and contribute to sustainable development of their country.
Finance and Administration Officer
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for proper financial management, human resources management and administrative systems of NYCOM. He/she will ensure efficient and effective financial, administrative and human resources support services to the core operations of NYCOM Strategic Plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead in the development and implementation of financial management and administrative systems for effective management and use of organizational resources including staff at NYCOM and affiliate levels.
· Implement and monitor human resources policies and systems including performance management.
· Prepare and monitor NYCOM budgets and cash flows
· Ensure timely disbursement of funds
· Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in the accounting system.
· Produce donor reports, management reports and Board reports
· Manage donor relations
· Organize audit for NYCOM and affiliates to ensure compliance, accountability and transparency
· Build capacity of staff responsible for financial management and administration.
· Ensure efficient management of programme staff including annual appraisals of finance and administration staff, coaching, training and mentoring.
· Assist the ED in development and implementation of fundraising and resource mobilization strategies and activities.
· Manage of the finances of the NYCOM and the day-to-day running of the Finance and Administration section.
· Advise the Board and management on financial matters of the NYCOM.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly financial and management accounts.
· Coordinate preparation of annual budgets for submission to the Government.
· Design and review internal controls and accounting procedures.
· Trains youth from partner organizations in financial management and liquidation of donor funds.
· Oversees the management of the inventory.
· Keep personnel/staff records
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its equivalent
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position
· Knowledge in computerized financial accounting programmes.
· Understanding of acceptable accounting principles and procedures
Required Attributes and Skills
· Ability to work with the youth
· Good analytical skills
· Must be detail-oriented
· Good communication skills
· Good computer skills
Mode of Application
Interested candidates meeting the minimum requirements should send their applications and updated curriculum vitae with three traceable referees to the following address.
The Executive Director
National Youth Council of Malawi
Plot 112, Area 47 Sector 2
Private Bag 389
The Closing date for receiving application is 22nd July, 2016, 16:30 hours. Application received later than the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. The successful candidate is expected to report for duties by 1st September, 2016.
The National Youth Council of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.