Tuesday, 4 April 2017
Internship Opportunity: Programme Associate
NATIONAL YOUTH COUNCIL OF MALAWI
The National Youth Council of Malawi is a Statutory Corporation of the Republic of Malawi established under the National Youth Council of Malawi Act (No. 22 of 1996). The Council is mandated to register youth organisations, and to coordinate, promote and regulate youth work in Malawi as well as responsible for facilitation and implementation of programmes that promote health and development of young people in the country. The National Youth Council is an umbrella body for all the registered youth organisations in Malawi.
The National Youth Council of Malawi is currently inviting applications for internship positions of Program Associate – Youth Participation and Empowerment (YPE) tenable at the National Youth Council of Malawi Secretariat in Lilongwe.
PROFILE OF THE POSITION
Internship Position: Program Associate – Youth Participation and Empowerment (YPE) (2)
Reporting to: Program Officer – Youth Participation and Empowerment (YPE)
Duration: 6 Months
At NYCOM, we do not consider our interns as errand persons but as a critical member of the team. The interns will be expected to provide effective support in planning and implementation of youth participation and economic empowerment activities and programs.
• Strong willed,
• Aged not more than 25 years,
• Academic qualification in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Humanities, or related fields from an accredited institution of higher learning,
• Ability to learn and master new operations quickly,
• Proactive, creative, analytical and strategic thinking aptitude,
• Good writing, communication, facilitation, interpersonal and team-work skills,
• Multitasking and good time management abilities,
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure to meet tight deadlines,
• Skills in computer applications - (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Willingness to travel across Malawi,
• Fluency in Chichewa and English.
Mode of Application
An application letter (not more than 1 page) and Curriculum Vitae (not more than 2 pages) addressed to The Executive Director, National Youth Council of Malawi, P/Bag 389, Lilongwe, should be submitted by hand or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday, 7th April, 2017.
Please take note that this is unpaid position, however, the intern will be given monthly stipend to cover the cost of transport and lunch.
NYCOM is an equal opportunity employer.